BELLY DANCE+ DANCE. EXPRESSION. EMPOWERMENT. FUN. +
Discover Belly Dance with Christina
Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday 6 – 7:15 pm
Discover the joy of belly dance in a welcoming, judgment-free environment! This class is suitable for all skill levels, whether you are an experienced dancer or are just taking your first steps. We will cover the basic movement vocabulary of this dance-art form, and then combine them as we “move and groove” to a selection of upbeat eastern music. We’ll also explore both choreography and improvisation. And most importantly, we’ll have fun! All are welcome to join. Please wear comfortable clothing and plan to leave your street shoes at the door. Hip scarves will be available to borrow or bring your own.
Instructor: Christina Hammarberg – Christina discovered belly dance more than a decade ago, and has been devoted to it ever since. Her dance journey has led her to explore many of the facets of this exciting world, from American cabaret style to folkloric to fusion and theatrical choreography. For more information, you can email her at [email protected] or call/text 631-379-6185.
Neskaya Dance Camp
July 20 -24, 2019
It is with gratitude and joy that we invite you to the 8th Annual Neskaya Dance Camp. This camp continues to be an extension of Neskaya’s continued growth and cooperative healing with the world. In the spirit of generosity, compassion, communication, and sharing, you are invited to spend 5 days (Sat evening – Wed morning) in dance, ceremony, community, and reciprocity. Our time together will be an experience of dance in which we offer our abundance to each other, the community at large and to the land. Please join us and register soon to meet early bird registration savings by June 15.
Your presence & participation is uniquely valuable!
Cost: $200, after June 15 $225
Food: Meal Plan $100 (breakfast & dinner, lunch is on your own) You may also bring your own food though refrigeration will be limited.
(Spaces at Neskaya are limited so please reserve early by emailing [email protected] to ask for availability)
1. Neskaya has dormitory style overnight accommodations upstairs which may be reserved in advance. All bedding & towels are provided. Two shower rooms are also available for use. Suggested donation is $25 US dollars a night.
2. There are a few area homes willing to offer overnight accommodations to campers. These spaces vary in their offerings and every effort is made to match people according to needs. These spaces are offered as a donation to Neskaya. The suggested donation to Neskaya is $25 US dollars a night.
3. You may reserve a tent space at Neskaya and also have use of showers. Suggested donation is $5 US dollars a night.
4. You may also sleep on the dance floor. You will need to bring your own bedding and towels. A small donation to Neskaya for use of showers would be much appreciated
5. For information about staying in area motels email [email protected]
Email [email protected] with any other questions you might have.